Employee title not showing correctly in the Service Request form
(Doc ID 1596408.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Service Request Form
In the Service Request form Contact / Addresses tab, for an employee contact, the Title column is using the TITLE Lookup Code instead of using the TITLE Lookup Meaning like in HR. Also, the TITLE lookup code is displayed with the first letter in uppercase and the rest in lowercase (for each word).
As a result of that, the Tittle value in the service request form is different than the value in the HR application.
Also, in the Service Request form Header, the field to the left of the First Name (PERSON_TITLE) doesn't display the employee title.
Expect the Title in HR and in Service Request form Contact / Addresses tab to display the same information. And the person title to be displayed in the Service Request form header.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Application Developer > Application > Lookups > Common > query Lookup Name = TITLE
2. Define a lookup value that has a different value for Code than for Meaning
3. In HR create a new employee with a title that has the same value that was defined in previous step. Note that the Title shows the Lookup Meaning.
4. In the Service Request form create a new SR with an employee contact using the same employee that was created in step#3
5. In the Contacts / Addresses tab note that the Title column is showing the lookup code, not the lookup meaning. Also note that is displayed as a combination of upper and lowercase characters.
1. In HR create an employee and be sure it has a Title
2. In Service initiate a new SR creation
3. In the SR header, for an employe contact, after select the same employee, the PERSON_TILE field remains empty.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document