Does Modifications Done On Subinventory Change The Cost Group ?
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When do a change on subinventory Descriptive Flexfield or do a change of subinventory description, subinventory get a new default cost group.
Expect no change in cost group as no changes in accounts are done.
After the update, have different cost group at organization and subinventory level
1. Create new organization via organization copy (this also create subinventories).
Copy from an average costing organization.
2. Change the newly created organization to a standard costing organization.
3. Enter cost variance account.
5. Cost Group at organization is now A.
6. Go to subinventory form, cost group is A, do an update. For example update description.
7. Save, Cost Group at subinventory is now B
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms