Last updated on MARCH 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.1 version, Reinstatement
Asset reinstatement calculates incorrect expense for a backdated asset retired in period of addition.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Created an Asset in JAN-08 with DPIS as 01-JAN-2005.
2) Ran the depreciation for JAN-08 and it has charged depreciation as expected (i.e. From JAN-05 to JAN-08)
3) Retired the Asset on same month (JAN-08) with retirement effective date as 01-JAN-08
4) Reinstated the above retired Asset on FEB-08.
5) Notice the incorrect deprn expense charged
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms