Second COBRA Notification Letter Sent to Employees When Adding a Contact
Last updated on JULY 04, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1.5 version of Oracle Advanced Benefits,
When an existing employee enrolled in COBRA eligible benefits adds a spouse to coverage mid-year, the initial notification letter is being generated for the employee as well.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup the Usages and Triggers for the COBRA Initial Letter(CBRININF) as follows:
- Usages: Program and Plan Type
- Triggers: Final Confirmation Literature - Close Enrollment
2. Enter an employee as of 01/01/2013 and process a New Hire Event.
3. Enroll the employee in a plan with an Employee Only option that is eligible for COBRA benefits in the program and plan type specified in the communication usages. Close the event.
4. Run the COBRA Benefit Initial Information process.
5. Add a new contact as of 04/01/2013 with a contact type of Spouse. Process a Gain of Dependent event and add the spouse to the employee coverage. Close the event.
6. Run the COBRA Benefit Initial Information process.
- Letter is also generating for the employee.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms