Purchase Requisition Gets Error ORA-01403 and ORA-01422 at POR_AME_REQ_WF_PVT.UPDATE_ACTION_HISTORY_APPROVE
(Doc ID 1597655.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to approve the requisition , the following error occurs.
PL/SQL procedure: POR_AME_REQ_WF_PVT.UPDATE_ACTION_HISTORY_APPROVE
Error: ORA-01403: no data found
ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
-- What is working
Issue is seen only when delegated to an approver who is already in the approval list.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
Consider an example where the Requisition preparer is PREP, and three approvers APPRV-1, APPRV-2, and APPRV-3 have to approve this Requisition. (APPRV-1) is out of office and sets up a vacation rule to DELEGATE all notifications to (APPRV-3).
1. PREP submits the requisition for approval.
2. Approval Notification is routed to APPRV-1 and then DELEGATED to APPRV-3 (re-routed to APPRV-3.)
3. APPRV-3 approves (on behalf of APPRV-1.)
4. Notification is routed to next approver APPRV-2.
5. APPRV-2 approves.
6. Notification is routed to next approver APPRV-3.
7. APPRV-3 approves. This is when the error occurs, because APPRV-3 exists more than once in the action history, once as a delegated approver and second as APPRV-3 itself.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document