R11i/12: OIE: When Entering Project-Related Expense Report, Getting Error: "Line1 Error: CTR3 VALID DEPT CTRS ARE..."
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 11.5.9 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5 to 11]
Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PAAPWEBX (Project Web Employees Account Generator or Project Expense Report Account Generator)
APEXP Expense Report Approval Workflow
Cross Validation error
Checked for currency 11/22/2016
When is the Project Accounting's Account Generator called by the OIE product to generate accounting data for Project related expense lines?
When attempting to create Expense Report that contains Project and Task data after entering the Project information and then accessing the Account Allocation tab, the form shows the default account (template segments plus employee's cost center) rather than the Project accounting generated account and the following error occurs:
If the employee corrects the account that is displayed to show a valid account and then submits the expense report, then re-queries the expense report, the erroring account is no longer displayed and the Project Accounting generated account is instead shown in the Allocations tab for the expense line in question.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a new expense report through the Internet Expense application
2) Create at least one expense line that contains Project Accounting data by selecting the Projects tab in the Allocations form.
3) Enter the Project, Task, and any/all other visible Project related fields such as Expenditure Organization.
4) Select either the Next button OR select the Account tab from the allocations form.
5) The error occurs and the default expense account (template segments plus employee's cost center) is displayed. The Project Accounting generated account is not present in the form.
6) The employee corrects the segment in error to pass cross validation rules (in this case, the segment is titled CTR3 and the user changes the segment value to be one of the valid values of 15, 17, 19, 21, 24, 36, 57, 58, 61, 70, 75, or 76).
7) The employee then submits the expense report without error.
8) The employee re-queries the expense report and navigates back to the Allocations form. The Project Allocations form shows the same data as before, however, the Account Allocations form now shows a different account that has been created by pa_acc_gen_wf_pkg.ap_er_generate_account (PAAPWEBX) Account Generator (AG) workflow.
The default expense account (template segments plus employee's cost center) should not be shown for the Project related expense line. Instead, the account created by pa_acc_gen_wf_pkg.ap_er_generate_account (PAAPWEBX aka 'Project Web Employees Account Generator' or 'Project Expense Report Account Generator') should be shown and no error should occur since the PA generated account does not violate cross validation rules.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms