Requisition Is Getting Stuck 'In Process' When Using AME
(Doc ID 1600097.1)
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version
Using the Approval Management Engine (AME) for approvals a Requisition is created and 2 of the approval group has successfully approved the requisition. But the requisition is stuck in 'In Process' status after the initial approver updates the requisition's charge account, as per his approver's suggestion.
The requisition should move to approved status and not get stuck 'In Process' after the initial approver updates the requisition's charge account.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Submit Non-catalog Requisition with category X.Y for approval.
2) Many approvers exists but initially the group 'Approval Group 1' is in the list.
3) Insert one approver "Approver X" manually (Manage Approvals) in the list, just after the first approver and submit requisition for approval.
4) First approver 'Approver1' in 'Approval Group 1' approves.
5) Login as 'Approver X'.
6) Click on Request Information button, choose Workflow participant = "Approver1" (ask him to update category from X.Y to X.Z).
7) Login as the Approver 1 (Initial Approver) for providing requested information.
8) Click on the 'Edit Requisition' link in the above notification to update the Category to correct value.
9) Click on Edit Lines.
10) Select line and click on Update button.
11) Change the Category from X.Y to X.Z and click on Apply button
12) In the Check out screen , observed in the approval list that "Aproval Group 2" replaced "Approval Group 1" because category is updated.
13) Users get the message "Your edits to requisition # have been saved" and then click on Continue button and it takes back to the notification page.
14) Update the Response and click on Submit button.
15) Now again login as 'Approver X' and click on the Approve button. Now requisition is stuck in 'In Process'.
16) There are no open notifications against any users for taking forward and the REQ status is struck in 'In Process'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document