MFS Laptop: Specific UTF8 characters (e.g. Cyrillic) Not Saved and Displayed Correctly On the Laptop - Similar Data From the Server is Displayed Correctly Though
(Doc ID 1600138.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Mobile Field Service - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, General / Laptop
All russian characters are being changed to strange characters when a follow up task is created (either through SR or task details): SR summary, task summary, notes, etc. All Russian (Cyrrilic) characters that are entered on the client are not displayed correctly after save. Similar text coming from the serverside is displayed correctly.
expect characters to be saved and displayed the same as they were entered
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. enter a task with a descriptionin Cyrillic characters
2. assign the task to a mobile engineer
3. synch laptop to get the task
4. verify the cyrillic text looks correct
5. now copy past that text and add it as a new note to the task. Save
6. after save, query the note and see the text is no longer in Cyrillic. It contains characters like äèàãíîñòèêà
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|