R12 to R12.1: Reinstatement Calculates Incorrect Expense for a Backdated Asset Retired in Period of Addition
(Doc ID 1600387.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Incorrect value calculated for depreciation expense on retirement.
Correct value should be calculated for deprn, when retire and reinstate is done in same period.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Created an Asset in JAN-08 with DPIS as 01-JAN-2005.
2) Ran the depreciation for JAN-08 and it has charged depreciation as expected (I.e. From JAN-05 to JAN-08)
3) Retired the Asset on same month (JAN-08) with retirement effective date as 01-JAN-08
4) Reinstated the above retired Asset on JAN-08.
5) Notice the incorrect deprn expense charged.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Still Have Questions?|