R12 to R12.1: Reinstatement Calculates Incorrect Expense for a Backdated Asset Retired in Period of Addition
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Incorrect value calculated for depreciation expense on retirement.
Correct value should be calculated for deprn, when retire and reinstate is done in same period.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Created an Asset in JAN-08 with DPIS as 01-JAN-2005.
2) Ran the depreciation for JAN-08 and it has charged depreciation as expected (I.e. From JAN-05 to JAN-08)
3) Retired the Asset on same month (JAN-08) with retirement effective date as 01-JAN-08
4) Reinstated the above retired Asset on JAN-08.
5) Notice the incorrect deprn expense charged.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms