R12: Clarification on Progress Workflow expectation for Release Holds
(Doc ID 1602879.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Transaction Control
The implementation of Holds Release ER 1373910 (Progress Workflow feature) does not appear to extend to
when multi-selecting order lines. ie. when concurrently acting on more than 1 order line.
In the scenario when multiple (held) lines are selected from the Organizer or standard Form, and a
release request, with "Progress Workflow" checked is submitted all selected lines are successfuly release
but they do not initiate a progression of the related line workflows. When tested for a single order line,
release and progression of the workflow is as expected.
Example Replication Steps
1. Setup workflow Hold definition on "Schedule Line" activity
2. Enter order header, save
3. Enter two order lines, save, ensure lines are Unscheduled
4. Place this Hold on EACH order line, Apply
5. Book the order, message returned scheduling cannot be done, continue
6. Lines should now have Hold on Schedule workflow activity, and be at
Notified Schedule - Eligible status
7. Now multi-select the 2 lines
8. Then Actions -> Release Holds, with Progress Workflow = CHECKED
9. Both lines release but workflow does not progress past Schedule - Deferred status
10. Try this with a SINGLE order line and workflow progresses to a SHIP_LINE activity.
It would appear deferred activities not being progressed when release multiple lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document