Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Reviewed for currency 13-MAY-2015***
For products that are ship confirmed and not invoiced, when you create a return against the shipped line the reference line id in the receivables interface table is not getting populated for the product lines. The freight lines for this line in the interface table are getting populated with the reference line id. This is causing the credit memo to split on the Receivables side, with the freight amounts offsetting the original invoice and product lines not offsetting the original invoice.
1. Order Management Responsibility. Create order with outbound shipment line. Ensure the shipment line has one or more automated freight charges applied on the line in the order management.
2. Pick release the line and ship confirm the line.
3. Now create a return line for this outbound line. (This happens often in our environment as there are ship confirm errors discovered after the product is shipped.)
4. Receive the return line. The product is received back in to inventory and this line now goes on invoice interface hold.
5. Run Autoinvoice for the original outbound shipment line and generate invoice.
6. Validate invoice has been generated for this line.
7. Now release the hold on the return line.
8. The return lines will now show up in the AR interface tables. If we look at the reference line ids, the freight lines have them whereas the product line does not have a reference line id.
From Support's research of the issue:
<Note 886784.1> - While Importing Transaction From OM, RMA-Credit Memo Not Getting Applied To Invoice
Freight lines are being processed with RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL.REFERENCE_LINE_ID NUMBER
- yet -
item lines are not being processed with RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL.REFERENCE_LINE_ID NUMBER
Be aware that the referenced lines used in creating the RMA line(s) do not have OE_ORDER_LINES.CREDIT_INVOICE_LINE_ID populated (NULL) as they have not been invoiced.
Issue then is why the Freight line is different from the item line. Why if the item line does not have a RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL.REFERENCE_LINE_ID but the Freight does?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms