Message on Personal Information Submission is Inaccurate and Misleading
(Doc ID 1603231.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee updates any "personal information" in ESS there is a "Confirmation message" to advise that their changes have been submitted to their manager for approval. This is not accurate, as the system will auto-approve any personal information update.
System messages and Notifications should accurately reflect what the system is doing.
To Explain the Steps:
1. Employee enters into ESS > My Personal Information Icon
2. Employee Clicks “Update” on any section of Personal Information, actions the change and Clicks “SUBMIT”
3. The employee then receives a “Confirmation Message” - “Your changes have been submitted for manager approval” (shown in attachment)… when in fact, they have not been submitted for approval, they are automatically approved as we wish for employees to have the autonomy to update their own personal details.
4. The changes take effect almost immediately in the system – with their personal information having updated automatically, without approval.
5. The employee receives an email – shown in the attachment. The Manager does not receive any communication, and this email is confusing and misleading to the employee.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document