Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Tax - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This question raises after we have read in the Financials for Europe U. g. page 6-4 :
« Define tax calendars in Oracle General Ledger to enable opening and closing of tax
periods independent of the accounting period. Use the Period Type window to
define tax period types and Accounting Calendar window to define the tax
calendar and the periods for the tax calendar. »
Also, in the same U.G. it is mentioned:
« 1) Generate preliminary versions of VAT reports in open tax periods to verify and
correct data before finalizing the reports.
2) Close the tax period after running the final reports to prevent updating or double
reporting of transactions to the tax authorities.
3) Define tax calendars in Oracle General Ledger to enable opening and closing of tax
periods independent of the accounting period.
4) You must run this report before you close a tax period. »
Also, inside Applications GL Responsibility we can perform:
- In Calendar Types window you define a year type = Fiscal
- you create a calendar with type = Fiscal and insert the period on that calendar
Then tried to 'close' one of those 'tax' periods inside the usual GL Open/Close periods and this window only seems to list / show Accounting Calendar types. Cannot get in touch with 'tax' calendar periods to open or close them.
All these indications above may lead us to say that there are activities to open or close Tax calendars from above.
So, this question rises: How Can We Open And Close 'tax' Type Calendar Periods ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms