Last updated on APRIL 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Value initialization for "$PROFILES$.PER_ORGANIZATION_ID" is getting set to Null on form launch. It gets the value set if the Organization field is queried again and filled with the Organization Value.
Expect that, Value initialization for "$PROFILES$.PER_ORGANIZATION_ID" has to be done properly. It should not get set to Null on form launch. It should get the value set to the ID of the organization displayed in the Organization field.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to "HRMS Manager" Responsibility.
2. Navigate to People --> Enter and Maintain.
3. Query the Applicant record, which has to updated.
4. Now click on Others, from the LOV select "Application".
5. In the launched form, now Navigate to Help --> Diagnostics --> Examine.
6. Select the block "$PROFILES$" and field as "PER_ORGANIZATION_ID".
7. Value displayed is null. But expecting the ID of the Organization displayed to which the application belongs to.
8. Now go back to the Application form and Open up the LOV Organization and select the same Organization Value.
9. Now Navigate to Help --> Diagnostics --> Examine and Select the block "$PROFILES$" and field as "PER_ORGANIZATION_ID".
10. ID value corresponding to the Organization selected is displayed.
11. If the "$PROFILES$" is used to retrieve any value in DFF in the application form, it errors or LOV doesn't open up because of the ID value not being initialized properly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms