Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Applications Technology Stack - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Internal users can reset password by clicking on "Forget Password" link after giving user name.
They receive email workflow notification with the reset password URL and are able to reset password
but when they press OK button for confirmation they are redirected to the External Login page instead of the Internal URL.
External users that access the System do not have this problem.
They are redirected correctly to external URL after resetting password.
Internal servers in non DMZ are only allowed to access internally.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to http://<host1.domain>:<port> (Internal URL)
2. Click on Login Assistance link on Login page
3. Enter User Name then click on Forget Password button
4. Click on Reset URL link on the received email notification
5. Change the password then click on OK button to go back to Login page,
=> it redirects to the External server URL (http://<host2.domain>:<port> ) instead of Internal Login page
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms