Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create/update asset numbers with the new category set, the following error occurs.
The Asset Management Default Category Set cannot be changed accordingly.
Insert procedure failed with the following error message:
Invalid asset category
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management
2. Go to Category Sets form
3. Create New category set for eam
4. Assign categories to new set
5. Assign Categories from new set to all existing Asset Groups and Asset Activities
6. Make the new set the default for asset management.
7. Create new asset number
8. Save and get an invalid category error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms