Cannot Change Asset Management Default Category Set
(Doc ID 1614606.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create/update asset numbers with the new category set, the following error occurs.
The Asset Management Default Category Set cannot be changed accordingly.
Insert procedure failed with the following error message:
Invalid asset category
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management
2. Go to Category Sets form
3. Create New category set for eam
4. Assign categories to new set
5. Assign Categories from new set to all existing Asset Groups and Asset Activities
6. Make the new set the default for asset management.
7. Create new asset number
8. Save and get an invalid category error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document