In the Service Request form > Search Installed Base window cannot find an Instance that belongs to a related party
(Doc ID 1614647.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Setup flow
When attempting to search an instance that is owned by a different customer than the one in the service request form header,
the following error occurs.
No data found using these search criteria.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. IB Instance is owned by PartyA but is located at PartyB.
2. A Party/Account Relationship exist between PartyA and PartyB
3. In the Create Service Request form create an SR for PartyB.
4. In the "Instance" field click the "Search Item Instance" button.
5. The Search Installed Base form pop-up. The Customer Information is greyed out and cannot be changed. That is ok because the SR is already created.
6. Click the "Clear" button and that clears the form except for the Customer Information, which is ok.
7. Enter the IB Instance number (or serial number) that correspond with the IB Instance owned by PartyA.
8. Perform a Search but no record is retrieved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document