R12: Ship-To Location is Updated Based on Preferences when an Attachment is Added to an Autocreated Purchase Order
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an Attachment is created on a Purchase Order, the user-entered ship-to location is overwritten with a value derived from Preferences.
Because of this every time an Attachment is added it to the PO, the ship-to value needs to be re-verified.
Expectation is that ship-to location should not be overwrtten.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigation Path: Purchasing Responsibility -> Purchase Orders -> Purchase Orders
2. Tools -> Preferences input organization , ship-to -> Click 'Apply'
3. Go to Autocreate form -> query/select Requisition Line -> Click 'Automatic' -> Click Create.
4. PO is created having Ship-to with no value -> Enter Ship-To at PO Header -> Approve
5. Open in PO Entry same PO -> Click 'Attachment' icon on Toolbar -> enter short text attachment
6. Click 'Save'. System has changed the Ship-To at PO Header based on what’s defined in Preferences
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms