Can Users Create Fresh Orders and Star * Items in R12 (using legacy data i.e 11i) via Order Import?
(Doc ID 1623517.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version,
When attempting to import star item as part of order import. The A item exists in the system and we have tied the model link to references as per this note:
- 1. Order Import for ATO Model errors with Exception in Package OE_Default_Line Procedure Model_Option_Defaulting (Doc ID 1366163.1)
- 2. Import STAR Item Using Order Import (Doc ID 1533416.1)
When trying to import the order see the following:
“User-Defined Exception in Package OE_Default_Line Procedure Model_Option_Defaulting”
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
2. Run > Order Import for *Item
3. “User-Defined Exception in Package OE_Default_Line Procedure Model_Option_Defaulting”
The issue here is that the star item is not attached to any BOM. From the documentation - it states that the star item needs to be
attached to the BOM in order to be imported. Customer states that the star item can be entered just fine via the sales order form as part
of the configuration without being part of the BOM. Customer is expecting the same. Is there a workaround if the functionality per
(Doc ID 1533416.1) stands?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document