R.12 Upgrade: Exchange Repair Order Error When Using Transaction Subtype Having Reference Required.
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Depot Setup
When attempting to save a Repair Order (RO) for an Exchange repair type, which uses a shipment Service Activity Code that requires non-source instance information, the following error occurs.
1. The creation of a default logistics line(s) files. Please enter the requisite line(s) manually in the Logistics tab
2. API Error (Create_charge_details). The transaction type that was passed to the API requires an item instance
3. AP Error (CS_CHARGE_DETAILS_PVT.Create_Charge_details) &TEXT
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create New RO for an Exchange repair type
2. Save it - so ship lines should be defaulted
3. Get the error
4. When entering the ship line manually, non-source data is not defaulted
Applied patches 17946379:R12.CSD.B, 17792179:R12.CSD.B or 17557046:R12.CSD.B
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms