FRM-40212: Invalid value for field NON_SOURCE_INSTANCE_NUMBER - Unable To Put Upgraded Item Instance On Ship Line In Depot Repair
(Doc ID 1628813.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.0 to 12.2.3 [Release 12 to 12.2]
Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.0.0 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update a Repair Order with a Replacement Line, the following error occurs.
FRM-40212: Invalid value for field NON_SOURCE_INSTANCE_NUMBER
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Depot Repair Manager >> Depot Repair >> Repair Orders >> Query for your Repair Order.
2. Enter information for Item to be returned for repair
3. Navigation: Depot Repair Manager >> Inventory >> Transactions >> Receiving >> Receiving Transactions
4. Receive the Item to be repaired
5. Create and complete a WIP Job to upgrade the Instance
6. Add the Upgrade Line to the Repair Order
7. Enter the new Instance in the Non-Source Instance Field
8. Observe the reported message
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document