WebAdi Download Is Failing Intermittently And Is Taking Time (Performance)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The download of WEBADI is taking too long and has a Performance issue. It takes 1 minute to 8 minutes when users expect 8 seconds to 30 seconds.
The user waits watching this screen:
Item export via Excel (web adi download) is failing intermittently and is taking time.
Many users complained that web adi down load is not working,
Users receive the error below.
-- Duration --
Initially on go-live, it took 30 seconds to download 1 item.
Now takes a minimum of 1 minute and sometimes 8 minutes.
Even tried with just one user on system and still took 1 minute.
Expect 8 seconds to 30 seconds.
Your document could not be created
1. Navigate to PIM Responsibility àItem CatalogàItem Advanced Search
2. Select ICC name in the “Select Item Catalog Category” drop-down. Click Go
3. Type in Primary: Item field
4. Select the Display Format. Click Go
5. Click on the Search button
6. On next page Click on “Export All Items” button
7. Click Next > Open > Enable Macros
8. WebADI template will be exported
9. The export takes too long...
WHAT IS WORKING
Upload is working fine.
Went live about 3 months ago and was working in 30 seconds until January 11, then slowed down.
This is critical because delays operation users. Frustrating users.
Normally download, update data, then upload again.
Less than 100 users and more than 10 impacted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms