Pick Release Failing in All Warehouses After Deleting a WMS Pick Rule
Last updated on JULY 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Concurrent: WSHPSGL - Pick Selection List Generation
After a user deleted a WMS Pick rule (whatever it is), the pick release does not work any more.
The Pick Selection List Generation concurrent program (WSHPSGL) completes with Warning and the lines are getting backordered in all warehouses.
The issue can be replicated at will per the below steps:
1. Create a new WMS Pick rule by copying an existing rule
Enable the rule and save
2. Create and enable and save a new strategy with the above rule assigned
3. Create a strategy assignment in the Rules Workbench and enable and save it
4. Launch the Pick release. It completes Normal
5. Disable the strategy assignment in the Rules Workbench
6. Disable and delete the strategy
7. Disable and delete rule and save
8. Backorder the line
9. Re-launch the Pick release for the same. It completes with Warning
10. Query the invalid database objects. See WMS_RULE_PICK_PKG1 package body is invalid.
The problem would surface after applying Logistics RUP5 rollup patch or higher. Refer to <Document:726226.1>
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms