Ship Upgraded Item Getting Error: The replacement setup is invalid for instance_id
(Doc ID 1631368.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to perform upgrades through WIP of items and shipping these as replacements of the item which was upgraded the following errors occurs.
For cases where the item being upgraded and replaced is the top level item in an Install Base configuration:
The replacement setup is invalid for instance_id: (&INSTANCE_ID)
For cases where the item being upgraded and replaced is a component level item in an Install Base configuration the error message is blank
1. An item from an Install Base configuration is returned for upgrade (item A)
2. Perform upgrade of item A in WIP to create item B with same serial (different item number)
3. Perform Sales Order Pick for upgrade item B
4. Perform Sales Order Ship for upgrade item B specifying the parent instance (if any) and original instance to be replaced (A) on Non Source tab
5. Error occurs in Install Base
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!