How to Install Non-Java (JSP) SCORM Adapter
(Doc ID 1631724.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Learning Management provides two separate CMI adapters one for SCORM 1.2 and one for SCORM 2004 specifications to play SCORM content online. Currently, OLM provides Java based applet adapters which require JRE on each learner’s machine. For Java based applet adapters, see: Oracle SCORM Adapter for Oracle Learning Management
The applet based adapter might behave differently when learners upgrade or downgrade their JRE version. This might result in errors and appropriate status is not updated for learners.
To resolve this issue, Oracle Learning Management has created a non-java based adapter.
Download the adapter zip that you require from the Attachments section in this note:
- SCORM 1.2 Adapter: Download "SCORM 1.2 Adapter.zip"
- SCORM 2004 Adapter: Download "SCORM 2004 Adapter.zip"
Note: These adapters have been tested and verified to be working on Oracle WebLogic Server (Oracle WLS) and Oracle iAS as content servers for Oracle Learning Management. Whenever the check box 'Log Diagnostic Messages' is enabled for the adapter, messages will be logged onto the content server log files.
Adapters for Patch 22392843:R12.OTA.B - these should only be applied if development requested them.
Customers who have applied Patch 22392843:R12.OTA.B must download and use these following adapters:
- SCORM 1.2 Adapter: Download "JSAdapter12encrypt.zip"
- SCORM 2004 Adapter: Download "JSAdapter2k4encrypt.zip"
Before downloading the "encrypt" adapters:
- OLM R12.1.x customers must apply Patch 26803483:R12.OTA.B.
- OLM R12.2.x customers must apply Patch 26803483:R12.OTA.C.
For the SCORM adapters to function correctly:
- Create a separate web accessible directory for each adapter that you want to install on the content server.
- Ensure that files from each adapter zip are placed in the respective directories created in Step 1.
The administrator can set up new adapter and upload the same on the content server which will be used to play SCORM content. Administrator now has the flexibility to select the appropriate adapter to play SCORM content online. When a learning administrator sets up a SCORM adapter or updates SCORM adapter information, the administrator can specify whether the adapter is a Non Java Adapter or Signed Java Applet Adapter.
This note is applicable to the following Oracle Learning Management customers:
- Minimum version: Release 12.1 HRMS RUP5
- Customers having applied the patch 18390915:R12.OTA.B.
- Prerequisite Patch for 18390915:R12.OTA.B: Customers must apply the patch 17494435:R12.FND.B, which is a prerequisite for 18390915:R12.OTA.B.
- The patch 17494435:R12.FND.B is required to resolve a functional dependency.
- Minimum version: Release 12.2 4
The adapters available with this note are supported on content servers having servlet containers only.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!