Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1. to 12.2.5 [Release 12 to 12.2]
Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1 to 12.2 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 29-Apr-2016***
While using Installed Base 'Change Owner', for a particular item instances, when clicking the YES button after viewing the Impacted Contracts Warning,
the following error displays at the top of the Install Base (IB) Change Owner page, and changes cannot be saved.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Oracle Installed Base Agent User >> Item Instance >> Item Instances
2. In the Simple Search page, search for an item instance number
3. In the Search results section, select the item instance, and click on the 'Instance Update' icon (pencil).
4. Click on the 'Change Owner' button
5. Pick the new owner from the LOV, and update the location section
6. Click on Apply. Now the page displays a list of contracts which would be impacted by this Change Owner function, One of which is in 'Entered' status, instead of 'Active' status.
Impacted Contracts Warning:
Credit amount will not be generated for imported contracts, service lines and covered levels that have been billed at source.
7. Click on the 'Yes' button
8. Error displays at the top of the IB Change Owner page:
"There is no workflow activity for the current contract or workflow reference (key) is invalid. There could have been data corruption or workflow process was not launched."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms