Competencies Not Updating In OLM
(Doc ID 1633995.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP5 version, Catalog Admin
Competencies not updating in OLM
After linking a competency to a course, and completing the course as a learner, would expect the competency to go to manager for approval (where update setting is set to approval) or to get assigned to the learner automatically. Neither is happening.
Expect the competency to go to manager for approval (where update setting is set to approval) or to get assigned to the learner automatically. Neither is happening.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following setup steps:
1. Configure automatic competency updates from Workflow Builder: From Workflow Builder, query the workflow process name OTA_COMPETENCE_UPDATE_JSP_PRC.
2. Set the Attribute Name HR_APPROVAL_REQ_FLAG to • Notification, Automatic Update after Approval
3. Competency set up for OLM
Competencies set up in Core HR: Competencies> Local> Name= XXX Agility
Valid date: 01-JAN-1951
Associate Competency with course
OLM Catalog>Learner Competencies> Add XXX Agility
4. Security Profile & Business Group profiles :
HR:Business Group = (site = XXXXX (BG))
HR: Security Profile = (site = Setup Business Group)
OTA:Global Business Group = XXXXX (BG) at Responsibility Level . Responsibility=Banfield OLM Learning Administrator
5. Profile: OTA:Allow Competency update with renewal period already set to yes at site level:
Steps to reproduce issue:
6. Enroll learner in course.
7. Log in as learner and complete the course >>Passed.
8. Log in as learner’s manager – confirm there is no notification/workflow.
9. Review Learner’s competencies – confirm there are no competencies assigned>Competence Profile.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document