Last updated on APRIL 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When logging in as non base language and attempting to change long_description in the main tab of the Master Items (or Organization Items) form (INVIDITM), the change is not saved to the data base.
Expect description changes to be saved to data base regardless of language in which the user has logged into the system.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into the application with a Non base Language.
2. Navigation: Inventory > Items > Master Items
3. Select Master organization and query an item.
4. Update Long description (or description) and save
5. Record shows transaction complete: 1 records applied and saved
6. See update to long_description is not saved to mtl_system_items_tl table.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms