Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2017
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In OBI Analytics version 126.96.36.199.4:
BIP in OBIEE creates a lot of sessions when running offline reports. The report is scheduled to run and to send the output in .csv format to a mail address, or the output file is downloaded from the server. The spawned session appears in schedule history and does not disappear when the job is complete.
Multiple sessions should not be created for the same user and should be cleaned up when done.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log on to OBIEE.
2. Browse the catalogue of BI Publisher reports
3. Schedule a BI Publisher report with the option “Save Data for Republishing“ and format “CSV”.
4. Activate the notification email.
5. Submit the schedule request.
6. When the report finishes, log on to OBIEE and download the CSV file.
The following Business Impact occurs:
Due to multiple sessions getting spawned, all users are not able to run the BIP report. Some important management users are unable to post their Monthly Sell Through reports.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms