User Management (UMX) Inactived Roles Are Not Searchable
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2015
Applies to:Oracle User Management - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Role Based Access Control (RBAC) functionality, a role is inactivated and requires reactivation, but inactive roles can not be searched for, therefore they cannot be reactivated.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Login to Oracle Applications and select "User Management" responsibility.
2. Select "Roles & Role Inheritance".
3. Search for a particular role and click on Update icon once the role is searched.
4. A new screen opens in update mode for the role searched for.
5. Enter an end date in the field "Active To" and click on Apply button.
6. Again search for the above role. The search result does not display the role in question.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms