R12: AP:ER: Why it is Impossible to Use MPA (Multi-Period Accounting) For Line Types With Balance Type "Encumbrance"
(Doc ID 1645738.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal of this document is to help the user understand why it is not possible to use MPA (Multi-Period Accounting) for line types with balance type "Encumbrance" in R12.
As indicated in chapter "220.127.116.11 Define MPA Enabled Accrual Journal Line Type" of the document "Subledger Accounting White Paper on Multi Period Accounting (MPA) in R12" (see <Document 1315106.1>), one must use "copy and modify" functionality to create the required journal line type with the "Accrual" option selected in the "Multiperiod" region. This successfully creates such journal line types (JLT) for the seeded "AP_ITEM_EXPENSE_INV" lines.
But when trying to perform the same action for the seeded JLT "AP_ITEM_EXPENSE_INV_ENC_DR", it is not possible to select the "Accrual" check box in the "Multiperiod" region for the line type.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Navigate to the "Payables Manager" responsibility
2) (N) Setup > Accounting Setup > Subledger Accounting Setup > Accounting Methods Builder > Methods Lines Definitions
3) Definition name = 'Encumbrance for Invoices"
4) Press "Find"
5) Go to "Line Assignments"
6) Navigate to "(AP_ITEM_EXPENSE_INV_ENC_DR) Encumbrance Item Expense"
7) Press the "Line Type" button
8) Copy the seeded journal line type:
New line type code: XX_AP_ITM_EXP_I_ENC_DR_MPA
New name : XX Encumbrance Item Expense
New description : XX Item expense invoice encumbrance
9) Press "Done"
10) Navigate to the "Multiperiod" region
11) Check that the "Accrual" check box is greyed out and cannot be activated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!