Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle User Management - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In HR "Assign Security profiles" form, it is possible to assign a security profile to a user/responsibility, with the responsibility being an indirectly assigned responsibility (ie resp was assigned to the user via a role).
However, when trying to assign a security profile to same user but for a second responsibility that was also indirectly assigned via the same role, it throws the below error:
Oracle error -20002: Ora-20002: 4016 User/Role relationship for user 'Username' and role
'FND_RESP|PER|XX_RESP_RP_P_O|81' already exists. has been detected in FND_USER_RESP_GROUPS_API.UPDATE_ASSIGNMENT.
Here is the sequence of operations that leads to the problem:
1) create a test user (System administrator > User > Define)
2) create 2 responsibilities (System administrator > Responsibility > Define)
3) create a role (User Management > Role & Role Inheritance)
4) assign a first responsibility to the role (User Management > Role & Role Inheritance)
5) assign the role to the user (User Management > Users)
6) assign a security profile to the responsibility assigned to the user (HRMS Manager>>Security>>Assign security profile)
7) assign the second responsibility to the role (User Management > Role & Role Inheritance)
8) Try to assign a security profile to this second responsibility assigned to the user (HRMS Manager>>Security>>Assign security profile).
=> The error gets thrown here
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms