SLM : Grants Not Working For Specific User Or Group Of Users
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Supplier Profile Management
Grants not working for Specific User or Group of Users. After the setup to use grants with UDA, the issues are:
1. Cannot setup a Grant for Users Group created in SLM.
No Items found when Search By Name, Code, or Description for user group, XXX_TAX_GROUP. The User Group created XXX_TAX_GROUP, does NOT show in the Select: Grantee LOV.
2. The Custom Tax page is not displayed, even though specific user is Granted the Role (XXX_TAX_ROLE) with view and edit privileges to the attribute groups on the Tax page
Expect to see the created user group in the LOV. Also to show the custom tax page to the granted role.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set mandatory Privileges, Roles, and Profile Options needed to implement SLM Profile Access Control for UDA.
2. Create custom privileges, roles
Privs: XXX_VIEW_TAX, XXX_EDIT_TAX
3. Create custom attribute groups, attributes, association, and page
Attribute Groups: TAX_DETAILS, TAX_SUMMARY
4. Assign custom view/edit privileges created in Step 2 to attribute groups created in Step 3.
5. Create User Group in Supplier Management and add Members
Group Name: XXX_TAX_GROUP
6. Create Grant and assign User Group from step 5 and Role from step 2.
Cannot setup a Grant for Users Groups created in SLM. Our custom User Group created in Step 5, XXX_TAX_GROUP, does NOT show in the Select Grantee LOV.
7. Assign Grant to a Specific User (internal user).
8. Login as Specific User assigned in step 7.
Query Supplier ABC.
The custom Tax UDA page is NOT displayed.
Expect the Tax page to be displayed since specific user is granted the Role (XXX_TAX_ROLE) with view and edit privileges to the attribute groups on the Tax page.
9. Remove the view/edit privileges from the custom Tax attribute groups.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot see the user group in the LOV and also, the UDA page is not available to the role.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms