Last updated on DECEMBER 08, 2015
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Release 12.1.3 version, Requisition Creation
When attempting to update the Base Descriptor for the Long Description's to "Searchable" the following error occurs.
Exception at ICX_CAT_SCHEMA_UPLOAD_PVT.populate_for_searchable_change(200),
ORA-01489: result of string concatenation is too long.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Sign on to Application
2. Select Responsibility: iProcurement Catalog Administration
3. Navigation: iProcurement Administration - Home - Page: Agreements Tab
4. Select: Schema Tab ->> Sub Menu: Base Descriptors ->>
5. Find Descriptor Name:Long Description ->> Click: "Update" Pencil icon.
6. Update Base Descriptor ->> Find: Searchable = "No" Change To = Yes ->> Click: "Apply"
7. Receive Confirmation: Job 27322952 - has been Submitted ->>
8. Launches Concurrent Request_ID: 27322952 - Completed Status = Error
9. Review - View Log ->> Error ->> Exception: ICX_CAT_SCHEMA_UPLOAD_PVT.populate_for_searchable_change(200),
ORA-01489: result of string concatenation is too long
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot get the Base Descriptor for the Long Description Searchable without error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms