Allow Non-Serialized Items To Pick Confirm Automatically During Pick Release When Order Has Mix Of Serialized And Non-Serialized Items (Enhancement Request Implemented)
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Orders with some serialized items fail to pick confirm during Pick release where auto-allocate/auto-pick = Yes.
This ONLY happens when using a mixture of serial and non-serialized items.
See errors in the pick release about serialized items but this is not relevant as do NOT expect those to pick because auto-allocate serials= no.
What is working
Picking an order with ONLY non-serialized items works fine. Just fails to pick confirm if it has mixed items with some serialized.
Expect the sales order to paritally pick confirm for non-serialized items (to pick confirm), but serialized items to wait for manual transact move order.
1. Navigate to Order management > Create an order with serialized and non serialized items.
2. Set org parameters to serial allocatiion = no.
3. Navigate to Shipping > submit pick release with auto-pick=yes.
4. Anything non-serialized is alloated and waits for manual pick confirm.
* Expected non-serialized parts to auto-pick
* Pick release finishes in error and confuses users as it actually is successful in allocating material and move orders created. (But good that have error to notify user to review the move order.)
* Users can pick release sales order successfully but must switch responsibilities to inventory to do a transact move order manually if a serial is involved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms