Attempt to Enrich a DUNNed Party, with a new DUNS Number, using the D&B Toolkit and the Load D&B Data Program Error - You Cannot Update the Column CREATED_BY_MODULE
(Doc ID 1668372.1)
Last updated on JUNE 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Customers Online - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Customers Online Super User
Attempting to to enrich a DUNNed Party, with a new DUNS Number, using the D&B Toolkit and receive the following error:
You cannot update column created_by_module
This can happen when customer is manually created, with the wrong Party Name (user error) in the Customers Online, and it gets enriched with incorrect DUNS Number through the "D&B Import Adapter" bulk process.
When customer data team updated the Party with correct name in UI, and tried to enrich it with the correct DUNs using D&B Toolkit, they ran into "created_by_module" error.
Steps to Reproduce:
Responsibility: Customers Online Super User
1. Created new party manually in OCO. Party was created with incorrect party name and duns number
2. Uploaded file to server from DNB - data file contains incorrect data from 1
3. Run Import adapter request set - All completed successfully created_by_module is HZ_IMPORT
4. Go To Customer Online responsibility and search for Party# from Step#1
5. Clicked enrich (The online toolkit appears to to have created_by_module as HZ_CPUI
6. Put in correct DUNS Number in the search screen that should of been for #1
7. Receive message that party already exists - This is expected.
8, Select package Business Verification
9. Receive this message You cannot update column created_by_module.
Due to this issue, you cannot use the toolkit to correct the incorrect duns_number, once it has been imported.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|1. Bug Summary|
|2. Fixed Files|
|3. Recommended Patches|
|4. Solution Steps|