Last updated on JUNE 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Approval List and Workflow
When attempting to add adhoc approver in the post approval chain,
the following error occurs.
Approval List could not be generated. Please contact your System Administrator to review AME rules setup
po.plsql.POR_AME_APPROVAL_LIST.insert_approver 1 Done with ame_api3.getAvailableInsertions()..
po.plsql.POR_AME_APPROVAL_LIST.insert_approver.E_NO_AVAILABLE_INSERTION 6 No available insertion order
icx.por.approval.server.ApprovalListAMImpl 1 Successfully Executed INSERT_AME_APPLIST_STR with the output params..
icx.por.approval.server.ApprovalListAMImpl 1 appListStr: EXCEPTION-E_NO_AVAILABLE_INSERTION
icx.por.approval.server.ApprovalListAMImpl 1 approversCount : 0
icx.por.approval.server.ApprovalListAMImpl 1 Approval List could not be generated.
icx.por.approval.server.ApprovalListAMImpl 5 OAException:ICX_POR_AME_EXCEPTION errorCode=0
If adding adhoc approver as a part of the approval chain the error does not happen.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to and go to work list to see the notification for PR approval
2. Click on the hyperlink of the notification available in the work list.
3. Scroll down in the notification list and click on the ‘Edit Requisition’ link that is available in the bottom of the notification list
4. In the requisition page that opens click on the ‘Approve Checkout’ button
5. In the checkout page click on the ‘Next’ button
6. In the checkout approvals and notes page click on the hyper link on the approvals
7. Click on the approvals which will display the current approver’s part of the group after noting down the details click on the ‘Return’ button.
8. Click on the return which will be taken back to the checkout approvals and notes page
9. Click on the ‘Manage Approvals’ button
10. Now make sure the ‘Insert Approver’ radio button is enabled and click on the ‘Approver’ field
11. In the approver field key in the value as ‘%Joe%’ and click on the tab key to get the full name
12. Click on the ‘Submit’ button and the error is shown
Requestor adds an adhoc approver before approver group A. This adhoc approver approves the PR (Purchase Requisition) and the PR is sent to Aprover group A.
ApproverA from Approver Group A tries to add another adhoc approver and receives the error indicating Approval List could not be generated
Requestor does NOT add any adhoc approver before the approver group A. PR is sent to Approver Group A.
Approver A from Approver Group A successfully adds an adhoc approver. No error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms