Last updated on MAY 27, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.2 to 6.3.5 [Release 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Having a demurrage setup with Charge As Type of Cost Line to the Inbound Shipment, when using recalculate shipment cost action, the shipment special service defined for the respective shipment through the demurrage rule is removed.
After using recalculate shipment cost action you should be able to still view the shipment special service defined through the demurrage rule for the respective shipment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Contract and Rate Management;
2. Click on Demurrage Rule
3. Setup Demurrage Rule by filling in the required information.
4. At New Chargeable Days tab establish the activity type, the special service id and the events that trigger and that end the demurrage transaction.
5. At Charge As select a type of Cost Line to the inbound shipment. (Note: In case of NFRC Shipment the issue is not replicating)
6. Demurrage Transaction will be generated based on Tracking Events, hence you need an agent in order to trigger the demurrage transaction.
7. Setup an agent of the following structure:
- based on the first tracking event specified in the demurrage rule, the demurrage transaction will start.
- based on the second event specified in the demurrage rule, the demurrage transaction will be completed.
8. Go to the Shipment and add the two tracking events mentioned earlier in order to generate the demurrage transaction.
9. If the above completes successfully (Note: Analyze the logs) then move to following step:
10. Go to Shipment Management -> Visibility
11. Click on demurrage transaction
12. Select the demurrage transaction -> Actions
13. Calculate Charges
14. Once the action completes successfully click on the shipment ID from the Line Items Tab of the demurrage transaction;
15. Go to the Financials Tab of the respective shipment;
16. Notice at Special Services Tab there is the shipment special service defined through the demurrage rule.
17. Go to Actions -> Shipment Management -> Recalculate Shipment Cost
18. Once the action is completed successfully re-access the shipment in edit mode
19. Go to the Financials Tab;
20. Notice at Special Services that the earlier mentioned shipment special service associated through the demurrage rule is now removed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms