Demurrage Doesn't Calculate Shipment Cost
(Doc ID 1674060.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.2 to 6.3.5 [Release 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When we perform Calculate Charges action on the demurrage transaction, having a demurrage rule setup of Charge As Type: cost line to the inbound shipment, the shipment cost is not getting re-calculated automatically.
When Calculate Charges action takes place on the demurrage transaction, an automatically re-calculation of the associated shipment cost should take place.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Contract and Rate Management;
2. Click on Demurrage Rule
3. Setup Demurrage Rule by filling in the required information.
4. At New Chargeable Days tab establish the activity type, the special service id and the events that trigger and that end the demurrage transaction.
5. At Charge As select a type of Cost Line to the inbound shipment. (Note: In case of NFRC Shipment the issue is not replicating)
6. Demurrage Transaction will be generated based on Tracking Events, hence you need an agent in order to trigger the demurrage transaction.
7. Setup an agent of the following structure:
- based on the first tracking event specified in the demurrage rule, the demurrage transaction will start.
- based on the second event specified in the demurrage rule, the demurrage transaction will be completed.
8. Go to the Shipment and add the two tracking events mentioned earlier in order to generate the demurrage transaction.
9. If the above completes successfully (Note: Analyze the logs) then move to following step:
10. Go to Shipment Management -> Visibility
11. Click on demurrage transaction
12. Select the demurrage transaction -> Actions
13. Calculate Charges
14. Once the action completes successfully click on the shipment ID from the Line Items Tab of the demurrage transaction;
15. Go to the Financials Tab of the respective shipment
16. Notice that the shipment cost is not being re-calculated. It remains the initial planned cost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!