When a Contact Group Assigned to a Location is Edited, Subsequent Views of this Contact Group Now Show as a Contact Instead of a Contact Group
(Doc ID 1674493.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.4 to 6.3.5 [Release 6.2 to 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a contact group allocated to a location is edited and modified, subsequent views of this contact group from the location screen will show it as a contact instead of a contact group.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Go to Business Process Automation – Communication Management – Contact Groups – New in order to create a Contact Group
2. Input a Contact Group ID and leave the Broadcast to member check box unchecked
3. Press Finished
4. Go to Shipment Management – Location Manager – New in order to create a new Location
5. Input the Location ID, the Country Code and press Roles button
6. Press New Location Role Profile button
7. Input a Location Role and press Save
8. Press Routing button
9. Press Communication and Remarks button
10. In Additional Contact section in Contact ID input the previously created Contact Group ID
11. Press Save and Finished
12. In the Location – Communication and Remarks tab – Additional contacts section – Click on the Contact Group ID – Press Edit button – Check the check box Broadcast to Members and press Finished
13. Press Edit button
The screen will show the data specific to a Contact not to a Contact Group. If you search by the Contact Group ID in Business Process Automation – Communication Management – Contact Groups, the Contact Group will not appear anymore, but it can be found in Business Process Automation – Communication Management – Contacts.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document