AME: Process_Beat_By_First Error When A Member Of An Approval Group Tries To Approve a Notification That Was Already Approved
(Doc ID 1676761.1)
Last updated on JULY 05, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the Approval Management Engine (AME) parallel approvals Requisition approval notifications are available for user access, even after the requisitions are approved by another approver. On approval from these notifications the below error occurs:
PL/SQL procedure: POR_AME_REQ_WF_PVT.Process_Beat_By_First
Error: ORA-20002: 3133: Activity instance 'BLOCK' is not a notified activity for item 'REQAPPRV/XXXX-XXXX'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. User created a requisition and the AME approval list was generated for the same.
2. Notification was successfully created and as per the AME Approval rule sequence, the first level approval notification was forwarded to the immediate supervisor.
3. Immediate supervisor approves the requisition and it forwards to the parallel review group.
4. One of the reviewers in the group reviews the requisition and modifies the charge account (or another field) before approving it.
5. After modifying the charge account (or another field) the reviewer approves the requisition.
6. When other users in the parallel review group check their notification check list, they still find this approved requisition notification in their work list.
7. When any of these notification are opened, the approve button is still available for the user to approve even though the requisition was already approved.
8. When the parallel approver tries to approve the requisition, a notification stating "Approval workflow database error occurs while approving Purchase Requisition" occurs with the above error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document