FRM 40212: Invalid Value For Field SOURCE_INSTANCE_NUMBER Error When Trying To Ship A Repaired Item in Depot Repair
(Doc ID 1676894.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 11.5.10 to 12.2 [Release 11.5 to 12.2]
Oracle Depot Repair - Version 11.5.10 to 12.2 [Release 11.5 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to ship a repaired Item back to a customer through Depot Repair the following error occurs.
FRM 40212:Invalid value for field SOURCE_INSTANCE_NUMBER
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Navigation: Depot Repair Manager >> Depot Repair >> Repair Orders
2. Click on the Logistics Tab
3. Enter a line to create a Sales Order a 'Return for Repair' transaction.
4. Add a new line to return the Item to the customer using the Service Action Code 'Customer Item'.
5. Enter the Instance Number from the Return Line and observe the reported error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document