CLM Requisition Amendment Decrease Is Not Creating Correct Accounting Entries
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Contract Lifecycle Management for Public Sector - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iProcurement and Oracle Purchasing, with Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM), Release 12.2.3, the accounting entries are incorrect when creating a requisition amendment for a decreased (lower) amount.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using CLM iProcurement Responsibility --> iProcurement Home Page
2. Create a non-catalog item (to keep the scenario simple use: quantity based) for $100
3. Add to cart, View Cart & Checkout and Approve the CLM Requisition
4. Using CLM Purchasing Super User Responsibility --> Buyer Work Center --> Demand Workbench --> Requisitions
5. Select the CLM Requisition Line that was approved in step 3
6. Add CLM Requisition Line to Document Builder and Auto-Create the CLM Award
7. Approve the CLM Award and make sure the award is obligated for full $100 (fully utilizing the available commitments)
8. At this point we don't have any issue from SLA Accounting Entries for both the approved Requisition and Award
9. Using CLM iProcurement Responsibility --> iProcurement Home Page --> Select the Requisition that was fully awarded
10. Click Change and try to reduce the amount on the Requisition Line (-$20)
11. Perform Amendment Checkout and approve the amendment.
12. Note: The Base Requisition is for $100 and the amended Requisition is reducing $20 and the conformed Requisition is now $80
13. CLM Purchasing Super User Responsibility --> Setup --> Accounting --> SLA User Main Menu -->Journal Entries
14. Verify the accounting entries for the Requisition Amendment, it is decommiting the $20.
Due to this issue, incorrect accounting entries are being made in the ledger.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms