Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.0.6 to 12.2.4 [Release 12 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.0.6 version, Repair Order Management
In the Bulk Receiving functionality, after picking a serial from the lov, the item is populated automatically. On the background, the instance number is stored. Now, assume that the same serial exists for multiple items. Manually change the item name (assuming the user picked the wrong one). The new item is validated, but not against the instance number. So when the bulk receipt is now submitted, the RO that is created has a wrong combination for serial / item / Instance.
Expect that when the item is changed manually, the underlying instance numbers is updated too. If none exists, it should be created when processing the bulk receipt.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter new instances like e.g.:
- item 'JG2 serialized at receipt' -> serial 31122012-01 -> instance 5049043
- item 'JG serialized at receipt' -> serial 31122012-01 -> instance 5049044
2. Enter bulk receipt; enter serial 31122012-01, open the lov for serial and pick the record for item 'JG serialized at receipt', instance 5049044.
3. Manually override the item to 'JG2 serialized at receipt' (not that there is a partial refresh of the page as the new item is validated).
4. Click process -> the 'unexpected receipts' page that follows shows the item correctly.
6. The process to create the RO fails, but it seems to have added the RO to SR 1000001000085 anyway.
The repair order details show item 'JG2 serialized at receipt' but instance 5049044.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms