How to Use the XML Version of the Payables APList [VIDEO]
Last updated on JUNE 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Oracle E-Business Tax - Version 12.2.4 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note is to describe how you can use the XML version of the Payables APList.
What does it do?
This version of the APList dumps all the data for a single (or list) of transactions. The data is stored in an XML file on the server. Oracle Support analysts can use this data to diagnose issues and help expedite solutions.
This version of the APList gathers not only the data from the traditional APList, but also includes the queries from the Master GDF diagnostic, and the RDA diagnostic, and much more. This allows support to request one diagnostic instead of many.
Why is it needed?
The Diagnostic version (HTML based) is limited in size and cannot bring back all the data needed to resolve issues. By using the XML version, the size limitation is removed.
The XML version offers some significant advantages over the HTML version in the diagnostics:
- The XML contains more data available to Oracle Support: versions, more setup tables, profile options, etc.
- Support can apply various XSL templates to the XML to make it easy to read and specific to the issue at hand
- Removes size constraints and all the data can be retrieved without making the HTML impossible to open
- Can be run as a concurrent request rather than having to use the diagnostic responsibility (assuming access is granted)
- Can be run via SQL*Plus or any other SQL Utility
- Can be run for multiple invoices at a time
- Support tools can use XML to automatically diagnose certain issues
While the XML version can take a couple of more minutes to run, it reduces the need for other diagnostics.
When should it be used?
This version can be used when requested by Support, or anytime an invoice data diagnostic is requested.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms