Spares Management: Parts Requirements Are Creating Internal Sales Orders With Missing Bill-To Address
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Spares Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 22-DEC-2015**
On : 12.1.3 version, Spares Logistics
When creating a parts requirement for a customer Ship To address for a customer that does not have a Bill To address, the internal order gets created successfully but it is in Entered status (because the Bill To address is missing).
Prior to applying patch 17993303 (containing cspvpodb.pls 120.17.12010000.84), this used to fail with error:
1. Column cust_acct_site_id must have a value
2. The following error occurred while processing the order:
Cause: Column cust_acct_site_id must have a value.
Action: Please do the required setup or correct the error.
It needs to fail in this scenario. The error prompts the user to immediately fix the problem (add a Bill To or use special address). Instead he now does not know there is a problem and the order stays in Entered status instead of getting booked and processed further. This causes delays.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create new customer account. This customer has no Bill To address (only Ship To)
2. Create SR with task for this customer. Assign task
3. Create parts requirement with Ship To address type = customer
4. Create internal order for this PR. Order is created
5. Query the order; the Bill To address is blank - order is in entered status.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms