Different behavior in Forms UI and Customer SUpport Specialist UI regarding keeping the Extensible Attribute values when the SR Type is changed
(Doc ID 1678926.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Customer Support - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Create Service Request
In Service Request Forms UI, change of SR Type does not cause a loss of data from extensible attributes (assuming that the two SR types are mapped to the same attribute group).
However, the same rule does not apply if you use the same scenario in Customer Support Specialist or Case Worker.
Behavior in Customer Support Specialist and Service Request form UI should be consistent.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Map SR Type "Type1" and SR Type "Type2" to the same extensible attribute group "Ext Att Group 1"
2. In Service Request Forms UI create a new SR with SR Type "Type1"
3. Using Tools 2 > Extensible Attributes > enter extensible attribute information and save.
4. Still in the Forms UI, change SR Type to "Type2" and save.
5. Using Tools 2 . Extensible Attributes > check the extensible attribute information and confirm that is there and nothing has changed.
6. In Customer Support Specialist query the same SR
7. Change the SR Type to "Type1" and notice that the extensible attribute information is cleared out.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document