Wrong Accounting In WIP Transactions For OSP Purchased In Foreign Currency
(Doc ID 1682641.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Inventory Costing
Values in functional currency are correct, but the values in the foreign (purchase) currency is not converted for the wip valuation account and as a result, the calculated PPV in foreign (purchase) currency is wrong as well.
It even happens some times that the calculated PPV in functional currency is a debit value and the PPV in foreign currency is a credit value. When this happen, the Create Accounting - Cost Management fails and the transaction stays unaccounted.
WIP valuation should be converted in the foreign currency so that the PPV is correctly calculated
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a discrete job containing an outside processing operation purchased in foreign currency (Ex EUR ; functional currency is CHF)
2. Create Purchase order for the outside processing operation – Approve the purchase order
3. Receive, Accept and Deliver the outside processing
4. Wait for WIP distribution to be created (functional currency is CHF)
5. Launch Create Accounting – Cost Management report to account the transaction
6. Output of Create Accounting – Cost Management shows wrong values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document