Paying Customer Is Derived As The Related Customer Instead Of The Bill To Customer
(Doc ID 1683237.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are several transactions where the paying customer is derived as the related customer, having a non-reciprocal relationship with the Bill To customer.
If the relationship between the Bill To customer and the Related customer is not reciprocal (i.e reciprocal flag = 'N') and the related customer has the primary payment method checked, then the paying customer & payment details are picked as that of the Related Customer instead of Bill To customer.
You expect the paying customer to be the Bill To customer.
To replicate this issue follow below steps:
• Search for a lease contract that needs to be billed
• Check the Bill To details of the contract by below navigation:
Navigation: Lease Center > Contract Search > Structure > Contract Structure : Billing Setup
• Check for the relationships associated with the Bill To Customer, if doesn’t exist create one with below setup.
Navigation: Customers > Customer > Enter Customer Number and click on Find
Go To: Relationships Tab
Customer A (Bill To) is having Non-Reciprocal Bill To relationship with Customer B (Related Customer)
• Similarly Customer B (Related Customer) is having Non-Reciprocal Bill To and Ship To Relationship with Customer A (Bill To)
• Bill To Customer -- Both Bank Account and Payment Method are set to Primary
• Related Customer -- Bank Account does not clicked as Primary, Payment Methodis set to Promary
With the above setup, run the Lease Billing request set and open the Transaction in Transactions form.
Navigation: Transactions > Transactions Summary
Found that the Paying Customer is derived as Related Customer instead of Bill To Customer.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document