Requirements Duplicating When Trying To Apply The RFI Template
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Supplier Management, Release 12.2.3, the requirements are duplicating when trying to apply the RFI template when the user clicks the Apply button on the template multiple times by mistake.
It is expected that the template may only be applied one time to the RFI document.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Applications.
2. Navigate to Supplier Management Administrator responsibility > Supplier Qualification and Evaluation.
3. On the Negotiations page, click the link to create a new RFI.
4. On the Create RFI: Header page, enter the RFI title, select Negotiation Style = Supplier Registration and Pre-Qualification, select the proper Operating Unit, and click the Apply Template button.
5. On the Header: Apply Template page, search for RFI templates, and then click the Apply icon multiple times (to simulate the user accidentally clicking the icon 2-3 times) while the page is still visible.
6. Back on the Create RFI: Header page, scroll to the Requirements region, and Expand All. It is seen that the template has been applied the same number of times as the user clicked "accidentally".
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are confused by seeing the requirements template information repeated, as the application allows the template to be posted multiple times.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms